Thursday, February 13, 2014

It's raining money!

While I hate the rain (it rarely rains in Utah, though ironically it's raining today!) I love money.  And right now my forecast is calling for more money to fall from above until March anyway. What do I mean by this? Well January was a 3 paycheck month which meant $2K+ extra coming in. February will be my best month as I received my bonus from work.  It was a 5 figure check but I was only expecting 4 digits so I was definitely in shock when my boss told me. I'm lucky I didn't fall out of my work chair. I know my mouth dropped open and my eyes got wide which is hard to do as I inherited the small beady looking eyes. Haha. She went on to tell me that another 15% of my salary will be deposited into my 401k as well. "Free" money that's tax free (for now)? Yes please! Getting paid over $25K in one day, no big deal right?!? To continue on, March will bring my tax returns. Thanks to my house purchase last year, I am getting $6700 back. Another surprise I wasn't expecting. 

While this all adds up to a lot of money, it's all accounted for. I just scheduled my last payment for my Home Depot credit card. The balance on the card was from home remodeling we did last year. My sears credit card that has the balance for the windows I replaced back in Novemver will be paid off with my tax return.  The remaining money will go to savings. 

All in all, I am so excited to almost be credit card debt free again! 

4 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo!!! Congrats on the money storm!!! Send some money clouds my way! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I will definitely try that. You can have the rain we are getting as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 figure paychecks are the bomb! I can count on one hand how many I've had. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well other than my sign on bonus this is only the second time I have seen a 5 figure check. It's definitely nice and hopefully the next one I get will go towards something fun instead of paying debt.

      Delete